A premier fabricator of custom architectural millwork cabinetry and store fixtures is seeking a hands-on floor PLANT MANAGER for our newly opened Architectural Custom Casework and Commercial Fixture manufacturing facility in Ft Myers. MUST have strong experience & expertise in woodworking casework and interiors.
The Plant Manger will be responsible for managing all manufacturing including personnel, product quality, production, machinery, and continuous improvement.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Recruit, hire and train production employees
• Set up new production facility
• Manage track and coordinate activities of manufacturing personnel
• Plan work schedule spreadsheets and assignments to meet production deadlines
• Monitor job hours and project timelines
• Create efficient work processes, methods and flow
• Responsible for safe operation of all equipment and machinery
• Mentor shop employees to maintain high shop morale
• Implement the performance of shop personnel
• Assist in accurate reporting of all data
• Develop documented training program
Job Requirements include but are not limited to:
• Must have experience in wood and casework industry
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet difficult timelines
• Read and understand shop drawings and blue prints
• Supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
• Understanding of assembly processes and wood finishing
• Strong work ethic, communication and leadership skills
• Understanding of safety requirements within a manufacturing environment
• Basic computer skills & Microsoft Office
This position involves the expansion of a newly added South Region to a well-established Midwest casework manufacturer.
Prior experience and interest in building a new manufacturing operation in the millwork industry a plus.