Rough Mill Supervisor/ Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience, full benefits, PTO, relocation, etc.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Lead all aspects of ripsaw production and assist in moulding shop including production personnel, equipment set-up, production, and scheduling.
• Assist with the coordination of all production aspects and personnel in both the rough mill and moulding shop.
• Responsible for making sure all machines in rough mill are operating prior to shift start.
• Responsible for pre-staging material for rough mill production.
• Responsible for managing preventative maintenance in rough mill.
• Assist production and workforce through hands-on efforts.
• Determine and correct problems related to yield, production, and sales coordination.
• Work with management team on shipping schedules and ensure quality standards and correctness of orders.
• Responsible for data collection in rip/chop production.
• Assist in tracking and improving production yields and quality.
• Assist in warehouse management and housekeeping.
• Assist in moulding shop production as needed.
• Crosstrain on all rough mill and moulding shop equipment.
• Foster a lean manufacturing discipline with your teams (KPI boards, data driven, 5S, visual management, action items, counter measures, and Gemba training for continuous improvement).
• Work closely with manager to ensure department is operating safely, in a quality manner, and at the highest efficiency possible.
• Develop key objectives for team leads continual growth and engagement with the organization.
• Manage Dayforce for employees under your umbrella.
• Develop work instructions, standard work, and job aides for your team.
• Ambassador and leader for SQDC. (in this order of priority)
• Coordinate day-to-day job placement based on absence and optimizing efficiencies.
• Discipline to documentation required and accuracy of records is a must for the position. (dynamic)
• Ensure the teams PPE is worn correctly.
• Foster a servant leadership management style and cultivate an engaged workforce.
• Assist maintenance personnel, needs, and expenditures.
• Schedule maintenance tasks and coordinate with production schedules.
• Set-up and implement preventative maintenance schedules.
For immediate response please email your resume to Larry@impact-tqr.com