Mirmil Products is looking for an Engineering Manager!
At Mirmil Products our team manufactures a variety of unique architectural millwork projects for commercial customers ranging from complicated to standard and from bulk orders to one-of a kind. You know that ‘wow’ feeling you get in a grand lobby of a hotel or casino? We help create that!
Why work with us? Mirmil Products is a locally owned and growing Canadian company who recently relocated to a larger facility in Campbellford, Ontario. We operate Monday to Friday days to accommodate work-life balance and offer progressive jobs on brand new equipment. Our employees have been key to our success and we move forward with a focus on being an employer of choice.
Who will be successful with us? Mirmil Products is looking for employees that are dependable, demonstrate initiative, deliver results and do so with a positive attitude and an energetic approach.
The Engineering Manager is accountable for the direct hands-on leadership and quality execution of all aspects of engineering within the facility and related to all project work. The Engineering Manager may have ownership of multiple projects of various scope simultaneously.
· Manage all aspects of engineering associated with a project from estimation through release for fabrication including verification, planning, material selection, design, component relationships, installation and all associated documentation
· Ensure and constantly improve the safety, morale, quality and profitability of our operations through the ongoing implementation of effective methods and strategies
· Collaborate and coordinate with department leaders to understand job requirements, manage change orders/add-ons and provide a clearly defined path of construction including timing, material requirements, and tooling needs
· Lead, coach, develop and inspire engineering employees to continually improve employee performance while monitoring and promoting employee morale
· Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders both internal and external to the facility to build a culture of collaboration
· Oversee and direct the daily activities of your team to ensure projects are completed safely, on time and to quality standards while being responsive to changing demands and priorities
· Post secondary education in Engineering
· 3 years progressive leadership roles in a manufacturing or industrial environment (millwork setting preferred)
· Working knowledge of custom millwork, commercial construction, woodworking, fabrication, manufacturing and installation methods
· Expert ability to accurately read, analyze, and interpret architectural plans, drawings and specifications
· Highly motivated, participative leader with a proactive approach
· Advanced written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with, influence and motivate people at all levels
· Proven project planning, problem solving, decision-making, and business reasoning skills
· Excellent prioritization, time-management, organization and multi-tasking skills with an ability to work under resource constraints in a fast-paced environment
For a list of current openings, full job descriptions and to send us your resume go to mirmil.ca
Mirmil Products is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act(AODA). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources indicating you require an accommodation.
We appreciate all interest in this position but only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.