Salary & Benefits: Excellent salary commensurate with experience
Paid Vacation & Sick Time, 401K with Company Match, Medical, Dental, and Vision through Cigna (competitive rates/majority of EE coverage paid by employer),HSA w/ Company Match, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, including AFLAC
Hours: Monday-Friday 6am-2:30pm
• Examines lumber on table, moving belt, chain conveyor, or in racks for defects such as knots, stains, decay, splits, faulty edges, pitch pockets, wormholes, and defective milling.
• Grades lumber to ensure specified dimensions.
• Marks lumber to indicate grade and processing instructions.
• Tallies pieces of lumber according to grade and board footage.
• Determines cuts to be made to obtain the highest marketable value from material.
• Removes unsatisfactory pieces from conveyor or table and places pieces on stacks, in bins, or on carts.
• Scales board footage and records results.
• Pulls graded lumber into unit form.
• Lead work crew: make certain that all employees are on the job at starting times and throughout the day.
• Make sure all work area paperwork is completed daily and turned in to the manager.
• Keep area clean when down.
• Work with maintenance to assure good equipment operation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Dedication and a strong work ethic/attitude required.
• Proper attendance required: on time and at work every scheduled workday.
• Ability to inspect hardwood and softwood species to determine dimension, grade, and other qualities.
• Ability to scan lumber for defects and imperfections.
• Identify damages and report shortages & quality deficiencies.
• Must have basic math skills including reading and writing, interpersonal skills.
• Effective communication skills and conflict resolution.
• Ability to motivate/lead workforce and teammates by example.
• Attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot.
• Inspect machinery and determine the need for repairs.
• 3+ years experience as a lumber inspector (NHLA certification preferred).
For immediate response please email your resume to Larry@impact-tqr.com