Fig House Studios seeks candidate to aid the production team with fabrication and assembly of artist stretchers, panels, and frames.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work safely with and around fragile/high-value art objects
- Able to repeatedly lift and handle beams weighing approximately 50 pounds
- Able to proactively anticipate the needs of the shop and keep busy during transition/wait times and between projects
- Good with numbers
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Team player with positive outlook
- Hungry to learn and receptive to feedback
This position has a strong emphasis on milling but will also be assisting with day-to-day operations and be exposed to a variety of processes. Familiarity with woodworking machinery/hand tools with 3+ years experience and a strong desire to learn advanced techniques required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, a commitment to craft, and discretion. The ideal candidate is also someone who intends to stay for a minimum of 3 years.
Shop hours 8am-4pm. Begins part-time with potential to transition to full-time in the future.
Starting salary: $22 to $28/hour (commensurate with experience). PTO included and four generous raises during training period.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Production Assistant.”
Fig House Studios is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.