High-end custom cabinetry and architectural millwork shop is seeking a Finish Department Coordinator. This is a new position that will strengthen our finishing, production, and leadership teams.
The custom finishes we produce include but are not limited to stains & lacquer, post-catalyzed conversion varnishes, bleaching, paints, wire & nylon brushing, cerusing, ebonizing, various sheen levels. Our custom wood products may be any species with or without characteristics that create complexity.
Job is FT, 40 hrs/wk. Pay range $65K to $75K/yr depending on your finishing skill and leadership experience. Finishers of all skill levels are encouraged to apply. Benefits include a medical plan, PTO 80hrs/yr, paid sick leave up to 48hrs/yr, Roth IRA option. Housing option.
Our shop is in Eagle, Colorado, about 2.5hrs west of Denver. Fishing, hunting, camping, biking, hiking, rafting, ski & snowboarding, hot springs, and concerts! Send resume or a letter detailing your work history to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are confidential.
• Control of defect-free finishes for each project through completion.
• Exceptional understanding and enforcement of quality control.
• Lead, schedule, and support other team members.
• Oversee development of custom finish samples for client approval.
• Ensure proper recordkeeping of formulas and products used per project.
• Ensure safe practices by all finishers.
• Stay current on new technologies, products, and techniques.
Finishing Experience Desired:
• Knowledge of surface preparation for any finishing process.
• Skilled developer of custom finishes for client approval.
• Color blending, matching, and touch-up.
• Creation, labeling, and organizing our finish samples.
• Spraying using air assisted and HVLP spray equipment.
• Matching finishes to approved samples for projects through completion.
• Use and care of COROB Evo1st paint tinting machine and components.
Other Important Skills:
• Effective communicator and motivator.
• Ability to read and understand shop drawings.
• Able to perform basic machinery maintenance.
• Ability to assess the performance of others and self.
• Ability to identify problems and seek to resolve logically.