Job Type: Full-time or Part-time (depending on skill and availability)
About Friedman Found:
We are a family owned furnishings shop, where the new meets the old and transforms into something extraordinary! Our store is more than just a place to buy vintage goods. We have an art gallery that features works from local artists and beyond. Additionally we provide repair, restoration, custom fabrication, and design services to our customers.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced craftsperson to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for repairing and restoring a variety of furniture pieces. The position requires a keen eye for detail, and an ability to analyze each project with a strong appreciation for well-made furniture.
1) Repair and/or restore furniture, using a variety of techniques and materials.
2) Evaluate the condition of the furniture/object and determine the appropriate repair/restoration approach.
3) Identify and source necessary materials and tools for repairs and restoration projects.
4) Use hand and power tools, as well as a variety of chemicals and compounds, to complete repairs and restorations.
5) Work independently or in partnership to complete projects on time and within budget.
6) Communicate effectively with management, providing updates on the progress of each project and answering any questions they may have.
7) Maintain a clean and organized work area, including proper storage of tools, equipment, and materials.
8) Continuously develop and refine skills and knowledge in repairs.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
1) High school diploma or equivalent required; additional education or training in woodworking, metalworking, or other relevant fields preferred.
2) 2+ years of experience in repair/restoration or a related field.
3) Experience with a variety of repair and restoration techniques, and a knowledge of woodworking.
4) Familiar with the use of hand and power tools, including saws, drills, sanders, and grinders.
5) Attention to detail and a commitment to quality
6) Communication skills are a plus!
**The position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time, as well as the ability to lift and carry heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
If you are excited about the opportunity to repair and restore furniture and objects, and to work on small woodworking projects, we encourage you to apply. To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.friedmanfound.com/blog.
Friedman Found is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.