Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the woodworking shop & business.
· Hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating employees.
· Organizing employee work schedules per job requirements. Addressing employee issues, questions, and concerns.
· Managing and accounting for all materials and inventory (i.e. Ordering, recording, and managing inventory.)
· Monitoring workload and providing solutions to ensure targets are met and any risks are mitigated.
· Motivating employees to finish production goals and provide excellent customer service.
· Interpreting and managing project details from drawings through to completion including ordering materials, producing cutting lists, assembly, finishing, and wrapping.
· Managing the quality outputs of all workshop employees, offering feedback where required, and continually encouraging improvements.
· Monitoring employees’ performance. Coaching and mentoring members of the team offering regular feedback to employees as required.
· Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to health and safety. Ensuring all staff adhere to safety standards and company policies.
· Ensuring the shop is adequately stocked, clean, and visually appealing. Implementing and maintaining a housekeeping program to ensure that the team is working in an efficient, tidy, and safe environment at all times.
· Handling and resolving customer issues to ensure great customer service.
· Complete any other odd tasks as directed by senior management.:
Strong leadership and management skills.
· Strong business and financial understanding of projects to insure profitability.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
· Basic knowledge of computer software (i.e. windows, Microsoft application, Outlook, Google).
· Experience with interpreting shop drawings through to completion including ordering materials, producing cutting lists, assembly, finishing, and wrapping.
· Knowledge and experience of workshop environment and woodwork machinery is essential.
· Strong customer satisfaction focus and experience.
· Strong decision-making skills.
· Prior Supervisory/Management experience.
· Ability to prioritize own work and the work of others.
· Good technical understanding and relevant practical skills.
· Methodical and strong organizational skills.
· People management and motivational skills.
$80K to $125K (pending experience)
Medical Insurance, 401K, paid vacations, and holidays.
For immediate consideration forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 417-214-5082 to discuss.