Looking for a CNC field service technician to perform CNC installation and field repair work by traveling to the site. The job is to troubleshoot any problems arising in the equipment. A field service technician will be working in a manufacturing process. (Wood, Composites, Metal etc.) Our customers are located in the Southeast.
Field Service Technician Duties and Responsibilities
• Installing, testing and repairing equipment by travelling to the location of the customer
• Providing troubleshooting as well as performing installation of equipment in the field.
• Performing the confirmation that the equipment is functional
• Sometimes they have to provide telephone support to the customer in order to perform troubleshooting
• Providing onsite services for CNC machines
• Ensuring that the equipment on which they have performed troubleshooting are in proper working condition.
Field Service Technician Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required for a field service technician are as follows:
• Must have the ability to work independently or with less supervision
• Ability to travel long distances. (Travel about 35% of the time)
• Needs to possess excellent troubleshooting skills
• Must have good customer service skills
• Ability to maintain good relations with customers
• Should have excellent verbal communication skills
• Must have the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to manage service calls
• Patient attitude toward customers and the job
Field Service Technician Education and Qualification:
The educational qualifications required for a field service technician are:
• CNC programming experience is a plus. (CAD and CAM)
• Basic electrical troubleshooting experience
• Good mechanical repair skills
• PLC experience is a plus but not a requirement
• Basic use of Excel
Field Service Technician Salary: The average annual salary ranges from $50,000 - $75,000 and is based on the experience level.
Contact us to have a conversation and see if this job may be a good fit for you!