110-140K+, benefits, PTO, 401K, relocation, etc.
Ready for a challenge? An industry leader Wood Products Manufcaturing is growing rapidly and is in immediate need of an experienced accounting professional to manage all our financial aspects. This position is highly visiable and great for a career oriented individual looking for advancement. Your unique skills, honed accounting and financial skills will make you a perfect fit to our impactful team of the future. Your vision for our company and ability to keep accounting and financial reporting aligned will be a key to our success.
As the Controller, you will make a significant impact on the Company’s success through implementation of internal controls, comprehensive financial and cost accounting reporting, strong financial analysis and refined relationship management.
Daily responsibilities will be very hands-on. The Controller is a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the President. The person successfully fulfilling this role will be partnering with the COO and other leaders within sales, administration and manufacturing areas of the Company. To be successful, the Controller needs to have a collaborative working style, yet exhibit independence and confidence. The ideal person would intuitively take the initiative to make the financial processes and accounting personnel are scalable to support the Company’s growth.
If you are ready to develop an accounting department and meet the challenges of a rapidly growing manufacturing company, we welcome the opportunity to learn from you.
We desire a Controller who reads these detailed needs for our future and says “Been there, done that.”
Further details below should provide you with an overview of our desired candidate:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Own Cash Management – Daily cash flow management and oversight. Management of A/R collections, payables in A/P and controlling expenses by setting up internal controls and reporting. The Controller will maintain and make recommendations with bank accounts, line of credits, loans, and all financial matters internal and external. Advancing our cash flow, cutting expenses coupled with skillful banking relations are key success factors.
• Own Financial Reporting – Preparation and advancement of monthly GAAP based financial statements. This includes the input of journal entries, reconciliation of all subledgers and careful review and monitoring of general ledger activity from all sources. The company has many management reports to help managers keep track of KPI’s. Could they be better?
• Cost Accounting – Work closely with the President, COO and manufacturing team to track, analyze and report work-in-process, inventory fluctuations, cost of goods and other KPI’s, as requested.
• Budgeting – Partnering with senior management team to develop and manage the Company budget. Providing monthly variance reports and alerting the team of significant changes that may require modifications or corrective actions are welcome.
• Own Tax Reporting – Responsible for tracking, reporting and timely filing of all local, state, and Federal tax returns while working with our accounting firm. This includes providing supporting documentation for all audits, and reviews. The Company has an outside accounting firm prepare the tax returns from supplied information as outlined.
• Own External Relationships – Work closely with the Company’s insurance brokers for property/casualty insurance, the Company’s independent public accounting firm, the bank, and other key business partners. Negotiate annual service contracts and manage the Company’s external payroll and benefits providers.
Manage special projects and reporting as necessary for senior management
Maintain company business insurance policies and health insurance policies.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, a master’s or CPA are a plus.
• Understanding or previous management of HR is a big plus.
• High degree of computer literacy is a big plus
• Minimum of 7 years of management and manufacturing experience in accounting or finance.
• High attention to detail
• A great leader with an assertive personality
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proven track record Developing analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
• Strong knowledge of financial statement preparation and review, cash flow, budget and forecast processes
• Self starter with the necessary skills to build an accounting department from scratch
• Self-motivated, responsible, and disciplined.
• Experience solving complex problems and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Proven experience developing and implementing procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency within a small accounting department.
• In depth knowledge of GAAP accounting that ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Previous experience designing reports, analytical metrics, and reports for executive team.
For immediate response please email your resume to Larry@impact-tqr.com