I am selling a Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber (DWS) w/Kohler 27 hp gas engine and Hi/Lo Track accessory.
This is a chainsaw mill, specifically designed to saw wide slabs. If you are looking for a mill to do general sawing, this is not your machine!
• Max log diameter – 5’. Will cut a 60” wide slab.
• Max depth of cut – 12” at 4’wide.
• Max log length – 20”
• Chain – 404 Ripping Multi-Skip
• Average production – 6-30 slabs/hr. (depending on size, species, etc.
This mill was purchased by me directly from Peterson in 2008. It has around 500 total hours on it. I am a professional woodworker, and used this mill to saw slabs for my furniture. Some years, I did not saw at all. The mill was stored indoors, except when in use.
There are a few items requiring TLC
1. Emergency stop is disconnected. During a service repair many years ago it was disconnected due to an issue with the starter. I have been told by the Peterson techs that this is not a big deal to fix. I am not electrically inclined.
2. Choke lever tip broken.
3. One track end plate broken.
4. Automatic oil container and hose work fine, but could use replacing.
Basically, all the important stuff is in really good condition to the best of my knowledge.
For those of you who don’t know, Peterson is a New Zealand company with excellent, friendly customer service. I can’t say enough nice things about them. Visit their website, and call them if you would like.
Quality of cut – The slabs you get off the mill once you tune the blade are flat. None of the “porpoising” you can get with band mills on wide cuts. Even though the kerf is wide, there is little waste due to the flatness of the cut.
Besides the photos here, you can see the mill in action on my TikTok page by searching for my page at @tomkuklinski. I did a whole bunch of posts last fall with the saw.
It is currently broken down, but is available to view for serious buyers. The mill can be moved on a standard 5 x 8 utility trailer, and weighs 617 lbs.
The mill new, in this configuration currently sells for around $24,000 delivered, and there is around a 6 month wait. These mills seldom come up for sale in the used market.
Asking price for the mill, along with all accessories and 4 chains is $16,000
Also available are two LogRite xtreme 78” cant hooks.
Email me if interested, and we can talk!