|Home » Forums » CAD » Message||Login|
You are not logged in. Consider these WOODWEB Member advantages:
I've got a client who wants their architectural logo routed into their sliding door. The logo is already created - I just need the output code. This is something I haven't done in the past and I am realizing that CV doesn't handle stuff like this. Two questions: What software would you recommend for handling more of the artsy type stuff that a lot of cabinet shops seem to get into beyond the scope of CV? Since buying a program may be overkill for one logo, is there anyone who would be willing to help me with this (for a fee of course)? It's in a vector file. Thanks!
Look at a program called aspire.
I use biesse works for custom stuff on my machine and all I have to do is import the DXF.
Vcarve pro may work depending on the level of detail you want. can you show me the file on email ?
What kind of control on your machine? I sure someone here can do it if we have code requirements. Depending on your machine, generic code could be output that you can edit yourself.
I appreciate all the help! Someone contacted me from this forum to help me set up the logo based on our machine - this is great! I am wondering, because I see now that we will need additional software for this kind of thing and other odd one-offs what to look for. James, you mentioned V-carve pro and aspire. From what I can tell, Aspire has more bells and whistles. I know it is a broad question, but would I find V-carve pro too limiting? I've heard others talk about using a CAD program and I am willing to do that but don't relish the long learning curve since we just went through that with CV. What have you guys found most helpful in a "secondary" program to go beyond the typical cabinet programming. What questions should I be asking? Thanks again!
Vcarve pro is the base engine for aspire, Aspire goes on the allow production and manipulation of 3d files. Vcarve pro has some import functions to run 3d files but you are right it is more powerful
Yes I do a lot of 3d but as a cabinetmaker 85+% of all I do I could do with aspire, All of what I showed you above is vcarvepro.
Real beauty is if you buy vcp and want to upgrade then Vectric has a trade in value that makes it worth while,
You can download the entire working demo and test files on your machine you can use it until you are comfortable with purchase and save any files you make till then.. there are no software companies in our industry this advance in Customer comfort and support
Very cool work, James! If you are able to do 85% of all you do with Aspire what do you use for the other 15%? Also, why would someone choose to go with a cad program as opposed to something like Aspire? I know these are very broad questions but just trying to get to the bottom of what I need to get me everything that CV doesn't without having to run 10 different programs. (I'm thinking applications like files from my architects, corporate signage, engraving, veneer inlay, and odd one-offs.) It's true - now that we are running cnc (barely a month now) people are starting to send requests that we would have never considered before. The world is opening up in very exciting ways! I just want to do my best to be ready for it.